Our class blog is a way for us to share our ideas and our learning with other people. Sharing our learning means that it is very important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging. The guidelines are also reminders of how to use the blog to improve writing and keyboarding skills.
- Students’ first names and work (including photos and videos of students’ work), and school name MAY be included on the blog. All comments should have first names only.
- Photos and videos of students MAY be included when consent has been given by both parents and student
- Students’ surnames, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, specific information, date of birth and other personal information WILL NOT be included on the blog.
- Parents who leave comments are asked not to use last names either. (Please post comments as “Felipe’s mom” or “Fernanda’s grandfather”, etc.)
- All comments submitted have to be approved by Mrs.Siqueira before they are included on the blog. Inappropriate or sloppy writing will not be approved.
- Comments from family may be in English or Portuguese, please allow extra time for Portuguese comments to be approved. Student’s must write in English.
- Proof-read your comments carefully.
- Only Mrs. Siqueira has access to post things on the blog. Later in the year, when students begin to write blog entries, they will go through edits and revisions before Mrs. Siqueira posts them.
- Always write in full sentences and words – no “text talk” please!
How to write a good quality comment…
- Write your comment like a letter starting off with “Dear Mrs. Siqueira’s class” or “Dear Mrs. Siqueira” and end it with a closing with your first name only.
- Compliment the writer in a specific way, ask a question, and/or add new information to the post.
- Write your comment about the post. There are often ideas at the bottom of the post about what you could comment about.
- Check your comment for correct spelling, spacing and punctuation before you submit it.
- Don’t reveal any personal information about yourself in your comment. Be sure to use your first name only, no last names please.
- Be thoughtful and positive!
All students must return the permission form prior to engaging with the blog. Permission may be revoked at anytime, however such a request must be submitted in writing.
If you have any other questions or comments about the security of our blog, please contact Mrs.Siqueira.
Permission form in English